The position is full-time and would be based at the company’s Chennai office. The successful applicant would have 2-4 years’ experience in the area of Software testing preferably from a Product development background. Prior experience working with overseas clients will be an advantage.
The candidate will take complete ownership of the Software testing and Quality assurance process and ensure on-schedule delivery of quality products to clients.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Designing test scenarios from business requirements, use cases, and functional specifications.
- Develop, implement, and execute test plans for all new software development
- Assist with developing, implementing, and executing test plans for existing software systems
- Prepare and execute tests for performance and scalability
- Prepare and execute tests for security and threat mitigation
- Create and execute SQL queries for test validation
- Document test results and assist with defect management
- Utilize automation for continuous and regression testing
- Developing test scripts; Creating test sets; Maintaining test scripts
- Debugging/troubleshooting issues.
- Participation in daily scrum meetings.
- Learn existing test methodologies, investigate and expand areas of automation.
- Perform Browser and OS testing.
Key Technical Skills
- Knowledge of modern test methodologies.
- 2-4 years of web based software QA experience
- 2+ years of developing and maintaining automation scripts
- Solid Knowledge on SQL
- Experience with testing Web APIs
- Experience in using performance testing tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to achieve excellent results with minimal supervision
- Ability to identify and explore new testing frameworks
- Ability to translate product requirements into test cases
- Good knowledge of Quality Assurance processes and methods used in software industry.
- Ability to excel in cross functional team environment.
- Able to analyze and debug complex critical issues and help the team to resolve within accepted turn-around time.
Key Beneficial Skills
- Domain knowledge on Mutual Funds and Equities.
- Knowledge of Excel Macros.
- AngularJS experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
Key Behavioural Skills
- Possessing good communication skills and able to interact with Clients for project related discussions and for support if required.
- Should think outside the box and come up with alternative ideas/implementation to handle critical situation/issues
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team having members at India, UK, Czech Republic etc.