The position is full-time and would be based at the company’s Chennai office. The successful applicant would have a minimum of 2 years' relevant experience and be required to design, develop and maintain robust and high-volume database systems using MS SQL Server.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Interact with business teams to understand project requirements.
- Design, develop, test, implement, fine-tune, enhance and maintain new and existing databases; apply normalisation rules to ensure tables are structured correctly.
- Develop structural designs for various Data systems and for high-volume database-driven websites.
- Write scripts, stored procedures and functions for various database systems.
- Create efficient methods and systems to access information stored in databases.
- Create data migration/conversion techniques for system conversions or upgrades.
- Work with clients and various in-house teams on database-related issues.
- Provide valid inputs in database architectural discussions.
- Assist in planning and implementing data integration and data migration activities.
- Maintain accurate and complete database programming documentations.
Key Technical Skills
- Strong Database designing, Database Normalisation and Table modelling skills
- High caliber T-SQL skills
- Ability to develop/manage/troubleshoot high volume, sensitive database structures.
Beneficial Technical Skills
- Basic C#
- Knowledge in BI stacks (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)
- SQL CLR
- Microsoft Azure
Key Behavioural Skills
- Very good written and spoken English communication skills
- Good mathematical and statistical ability.
- Excellent Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team having members at India, UK, Czech Republic etc.
- A can-do attitude where pressure is on to go the extra mile to support the business / clients / products.