The position is full-time and would be based at the company’s Chennai office. The successful applicant would have a minimum of 5 years' relevant experience and be responsible for the design and development of web applications for the company.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Take active part in requirements analysis, object model design, root-cause analysis.
- Database development using Microsoft SQL Server with extensive stored procedure development.
- Work with in-house data sources and APIs.
- Provide post-working hours and on-call production support, if required.
- Work closely with Product management team and other members of design team to execute solutions.
- Communicate technical issues or project details to both India and UK teams.
- Help with implementation of the coding standards and best practices.
- Conduct code/test reviews and other systems quality assurance and risk management procedures within the development team.
Key Technical Skills
- High level of expertise in: -
- Middle-tier: WCF, Web API
- Back-end : MS SQL Server 2005/2008
- Experience with MVC for ASP.NET
- Ability to use Agile/SCRUM methodology and understand the role of the developer in the full software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Strong exposure to the best practices in software development and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of Design Patterns.
- Strong skills in stored procedures, functions, views, triggers, deployment scripts.
Beneficial Technical Skills
- Knowledge in Microsoft Azure and Azure based services
- Ability to stay on top of emerging web technologies
- Good problem solving skills
- Having domain knowledge on Mutual funds is preferable
- Good presentation skills
- Knowledge of Mutual Funds and Equities
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Should be comfortable working in a team environment, on projects shared between multiple developers as well as independently on assigned tasks and projects.
- Out-of-box thinking and ability to come up with alternative ideas/implementation to handle critical situation/issues
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team having members at India, UK, Czech Republic etc.
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.