The position is full-time and would be based at the company’s Chennai office. The successful applicant would have a minimum of 8 years' relevant experience and be responsible for the design and development of web applications for the company.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Be an active Agile (SCRUM) developer, following agile best practices
- Actively assess, review and communicate risks/challenges within and between teams which directly or indirectly impact business deliverables.
- Actively learn, share and collaborate with team and across department – Product, technologies, process improvements
- Understand the business requirements from the UK team and convert them to technical design.
- Define, document, and communicate the Software architecture and ensure that it is used correctly by all members of the development team.
- Responsible for requirements analysis, object model design, root-cause analysis
- Resolve disputes and make trade-offs
- Confident to work in a team of experienced, passionate engineers; you must be able to have and communicate your opinion
- Give inputs as needed to issues like tool and environment selection
- Perform code reviews to ensure that the developers adhere to the specified guidelines.
- Responsible for the technical competency development of the team.
Key Technical Skills
- High level of expertise in: -
- Middle-tier : WCF/WebAPI
- ORM : Entity Framework / nHibernate
- Back-end :MS SQL Server 2005/2008
- Expertise in OOAD, Design Patterns, n-tier architecture, UML
- Very strong in Unit testing
- Good understanding of ‘Server load balancing’ architecture
- Experience in developing and maintaining an API framework
- Skills in effort estimation
- Technical risk assessment and mitigation
Beneficial Technical Skills
- SQL Performance tuning
- Financial background or a strong interest in Finance
- Ability to stay on top of emerging web technologies
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Should be comfortable working in a team environment, on projects shared between multiple developers as well as independently on assigned tasks and projects.
- Out-of-box thinking and ability to come up with alternative ideas/implementation to handle critical situation/issues
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team having members at India, UK, Czech Republic etc.
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.